8 Stress Free Tips To Get Rid Of Any Spring Cleaning Jitters
8 Stress-Free Tips to Get Rid of Any Spring Cleaning Jitters
Spring is finally here. And with it, the often giant task of Spring Cleaning your home and space. You envy the natural-born “spring-cleaners”, you know the ones. The highly organized motivated and energized folks with a solid grip on their Spring Cleaning duties. But if you are like myself and most people, Spring Cleaning especially “junky” spaces can be intimidating and anxiety-causing. Fear not. Here are 8 “tried and true” stress-free tips to power through your list of Spring Cleaning tasks this year.
TIP #1: USE THE 3 PILE RULE: KEEP, DONATE, AND TRASH
Pick a room to start in. Separate your belongings into these 3 categories:
- The KEEP pile should include items you know you want to keep around. If you are a sentimentalist like me, this pile will start off big. But keep in mind that sentimental items such as photos, baby’s first shoes, or old yearbooks can easily be condensed to a few neatly stored boxes. You can take photos of special (but unused) items like furniture or baby bikes to keep the memory alive while freeing up your precious space.
- The DONATE pile (my favorite) will instantly make you feel better about giving up your “junk”. Our services will honor the “trash” from the “treasure” and make sure your goods in up in the right charity or facility.
- The TRASH pile is by far the hardest. Be honest with yourself. Do you still need that old ironing board, that 1st edition TiVo or that dusty treadmill? A Golden Rule of Thumb: if you haven’t used it in 3 years, toss it. Luckily, junk removal companies such as JunkProsWA can take care of ALL removal of junk items, big or small, right where they lie. No fuss. No hassle.
TIP #2: START IN LARGER AREAS FIRST
- Areas like the garage, back yard, basement or storage shed accumulate the most junk. Clearing out larger spaces first will free up space to organize and store other keep items from the remainder of your house.
TIP #3: BREAK IT DOWN INTO PIECES
- Overhauling your home or space is stressful enough. But just because your junk took you years to accumulate, doesn’t mean it will take months or years to clear it out! Make a commitment to each room, and set a schedule that works for you. If you are like most people, this could look like tacking one closet one day, then the patio the next. Rushing will feel overwhelming, take small steps daily.
TIP #4: AVOID ADDING TO THE PROBLEM
- As you start to clean and (finally) free up these beautiful areas in your home, you will be tempted to refill it again! Do yourself a favor and don’t add to the problem. Just because you have freed up space, doesn’t necessarily mean fill it back up again. Condensing is the key here!
TIP #5: LABEL, LABEL, LABEL
- I can’t think of anything more satisfying than a well-labeled box. Whether you are moving or just downsizing, labeling everything s the best way to stay organized and guarantees for an easier Spring Clean year after year. (* Hint: Use color-coded sticky notes to keep track of larger items like old dressers, refrigerator, etc. It works wonders!)
TIP # 5: LEAVE THE JUNK REMOVAL TO THE PROS. IT’S THEIR HOBBY!
- So you’ve done the above. You’re tired and satisfied with all the work you’ve done. But now you have these piles of junk. Unless you feel like adding more to your plate, leave the junk removal to pros like JunkProsWA. It’s surprisingly easy and efficient.
In conclusion, here is why junk removal–no matter how big or small the project–is the best tip I can give you to finally shake off those Spring Cleaning jitters for good.